Friday 17 February 2012

Kolkata from the rooftops.

How beautiful is this city? It is dirty and tired, yes, but so alive and colourful!
The crows are so much larger than I expected them to be! They are about the size of a big magpie.
Sweet, milky chai for afternoon tea.
Love the scaffolding?
I love the colours and textures all around me - it is so inspiring!
I mean, look at how gorgeous that deep teal-green is!!
Thee scariest spiral staircase to climb (about 4 floors up), as it is such a tight curve, and the hand rail comes up to about  my hips...
Justin (just arrived last night), Nate, and Gabrielle.
The Howrah Bridge, a beautiful (because of the smog) sunset, and a perfect example of Indian character; risking your life to live it. I think it is an amazing way to go about life.
Judy - she is so beautiful!
Proof that I am actually in India :)
Our lounge.
My bedroom currently. Please excuse the mess... 
Triangular bread (of which I shall consume quite happily), and Thumbs Up!! I have been so excited to try this drink, and I am so glad that I have - it is so delicious! It is quite sweet, and seems to be a distant relative of root-beer from the taste; it is like India in a bottle.
Just a quick photo update for you all.

Love and blessings.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment